28 Aug 2014

3 Things I Would Have Done As The President of Ghana

It is unfortunate that I'm not the president. And may not be one in the nearest future. But, I hope it won't be long before I achieve that feat. By the way, in case I become the president of Ghana one day, these are some of the things I intend to do.
First of all, I would have led a public prayer session on behalf of Ghanaians, so that all our past and present sins may be forgiven us as we chart a new way forward. I would have prayed to God sincerely to forgive us for all the innocent blood that spilled in our land all in the name of governance and power. This first step would have kept the God-fearing spirit in all appointees and created a sense of oneness and not partisanship as we currently have it.

Secondly, I would have stopped seeing opposition as enemies and rather seen them as partners in nation-building. I would have even gone ahead to appoint members from the opposition side (three or four) to be part of the government. If they refuse, the public anger would be on them if someone else is appointed and they do a bad job in that area. They wouldn't have had any excuse to complain the way they do. They would also have been in a better position to channel their grievances and ideas through a "voice" in their midst. They wouldn't want 'one of their own' to do a bad job.

If I was the president, the third thing I would have done is to appoint only experienced public officers as my ministers. They would be able to bring their experiences to bear in case of an emergency situation. Corruption would have been drastically scaled-down because they wouldn't chase after flashy cars, expensive houses, and the latest technology in town. They would have been diligent at their jobs since they wouldn't want to be disgraced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts